WHO WE ARE
We work for the best interest of our members in procurement of certified halal meat.
We represent group of individuals dealing in halal meat who both wholesalers and the retail chains to ensure that meat supplied to the outlets is both of high quality & at fair price.
“O you who have believed, eat from the good things which We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah if it is [indeed] Him that you worship.” 2:172
“He only prohibits for you the eating of animals that die of themselves (without human interference), blood, the meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than God. If one is forced (to eat these), without being malicious or deliberate, he incurs no sin. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful.” Quran 2:173
The primary reason for Halal is to serve the national and international Muslim communities in meeting their religious compliance. The concept of Halal applies to a wide range of goods and services used in a Muslim’s daily life. Muslim consumers choose products because it is in compliance with the process and procedure as defined by Islamic Law (Sharia). Industry and producers of goods and services are often not aware of these requirements. Halal certified meat establishes credibility and assures the Muslim consumer of strict compliance to the Halal process.
Common Arabic Terminology Related to Halal
1) Halal: Means permissible in the Arabic language
3) Halal Food: Food permitted according to the Sharia (Islamic Law)
4) Haram: Forbidden, including the categories of:
• Carrion or dead (unslaughtered carcasses)
• Flowing Blood
• Intoxicants including Alcohol
5) Makrooh: Disliked, detested or discouraged
6) Mashbooh: Suspect, in doubt or questionable
7) Mathhab: School of thought in Islam
8) Najs: Filth, including things that are themselves not permissible such as pigs
and its derivatives, blood and carrion; fluids or objects discharged from the
human or animals’ bodies such as urine, excrements, blood, vomit and pus.
9) Tasmiya & Takbir: Bismillah Allahu Akbar, which means by the name of God,
10) Dhabiha: Dhabiha in Arabic which means slaughtered with a sharp instrument.
We secure most fair prices for our members from halal meat suppliers & as member you are to follow committee’s directions & adhere to them while procuring halal meat. You promise to follow committee advise to source meat from a recommended supplier.
If committee decided not to buy meat from a supplier you are required to respect committee decision & purchase meat from different halal meat supplier which committee recommends.